Sunday, May 13, 2007

Hilton Head Island & a Wedding



Ahhh - how wonderful it is to see old friends! Isn't it crazy how you just don't realize how much you miss someone until you see them again?? It's like we never were apart! Jim was able to join me at the last minute to make the trek to Hilton Head Island for a wedding - Scott, one of my closest & dearest friends from the Washington University MBA program. Scott was in my cohort group, which were assigned randomly at the beginning of the program. Nothing is by chance of course, and we grew to be very close friends during this 3 years, and helped each other through some of the hardest & happiest times in each of our lives during that time. He is truly one-of-a-kind & I wish he & his new bride, Rebecca, all the best!! You both looked beautiful and I am so glad we were there to share that special day.

The picture above is the rest of the Wash U crew - and their significant others, who we also got to know during the 3 year grad school program. We rented a 4-bed condo and had a BLAST hanging out the entire weekend together. The girls hit the spa on Friday morning & then to lunch/shop, and the boys hit the links - we met up later that day for some pool-side sun and some naps. This is a great group of people...lots of tears shed on the wedding day, as my emotions got the best of me! I just miss and love these people so much!!! I thank God for such good friends!!

Because others felt the same way I did apparently....we have decided to plan an annual trip together, 5 of us couples, 4 of which are in the picture + the bride/groom that were not in the pic. Jim & I are first up to plan - gotta love having a last name at the beginning of the alphabet! The one thing we are going to have to consider when planning is places that are kid-friendly - as some people's families are beginning to expand (see pic!) and some already have (Matt/Anne). Jim & I won't be bringing our 2 fuzzy sons though...

No comments: