Saturday, September 22, 2007

The Vacation has Begun

Wow I have a wonderful husband!!! Jim booked me a spa afternoon yesterday at Serenity by the Sea at the Sandestin Hilton resort! HOW WONDERFUL! I got there around 11:30, got changed into my robe, and then sat in the lounge area with the other lucky ladies! I had an afternoon of luxury, beginning with a 50 minute massage (wonderful!), then on to a 50 minute facial (wonderful - except for the 'extraction' part - OUCH...and YUCK!). Next was my spa pedicure and manicure! What a day of pampering. I felt so special, especially when all of the workers there said things to me like "Wow, you have a special afternoon planned today here!" and "Your husband is a keeper" and "He must really love you to treat you to such a special day". And of course - I agreed with them all! What a sweetheart. He knows how stressed I have been at work, and all of the long hours I have been putting in. I love that he sees this and wants to make it better and do something to help me.

The spa afternoon was just what I needed to get destressed & start relaxing right away. We leave for our cruise on Monday! WOOHOO! I was supposed to be going to Gulf Shores to the beach today with my friends Jay & Sara (Jim is on call this weekend...for the LAST TIME! More on that later...) but because of the Tropical Depression or whatever it is - I didn't make the trip. It was nasty this morning, but is actually sunny now? Not sure what that means.

Anyway - we are starting to figure out what to pack for the trip. This is our first cruise, so we are really looking forward to it. I'll let you know how it is & probably will post a couple of pictures.

We're going to the gym now - so I'll write afterwards. Then I should be all caught up!! :)

3 comments:

robert terrell said...

have a great cruise. pam and i think y'all will love it.

Pam Terrell said...

Yeah, you will have fun! And I think Jim is a keeper too.

blondie said...

Jill, I have been to that spa.....we stayed there in Destin a few years ago. It's a great spa! Call me soon! Autumn