Sunday, November 04, 2007

Crazy Week

I missed my weekend blogging last weekend, as Jim & I were in Orlando for house hunting. We did find a beautiful wonderful dream house, but then slept on it a few nights and decided that we would be much smarter to move to Orlando & rent for a year before we bought a house. As much as we hate to move twice, and as anxious as we are to get back into a house, we think this is the best decision for us right now. When we were moving to Mobile, AL - we had a similar situation, where we did a whirlwind house hunting trip for 2 days & then bought a house. If we had lived there a bit first, we probably would have bought somewhere else. We did feel really bad that the real estate agent took a weekend out of her life to show us around & then we didn't buy anything, but we feel good about our decision. So now on to searching for a rental! There are actually some really nice houses for rent, going for a little more than we pay rent now in Destin, so that is what we're going to do. Anything to stay out of an apartment!!

Now on to the vehicle situation....
Now that Jim is on the road a lot of the time, driving to Orlando, Tampa, Jacksonville, Pensacola, etc - we have switched vehicles. He is now driving my VW Passat & I am driving his rough 'n tough Chevy Silverado extended cab pickup truck!! :) At first, he refused to let me drive it, as there is just something wrong with little 'ol me driving such a big thing. But I finally convinced him it just made too much sense, with me driving 13 miles to work each day vs. him driving about 500 miles. My car gets better mileage of course!! This is a short term solution, as we are hunting for new vehicles for me. Both of our cars have over 100,000 miles on them, so it's time to trade. We do want to drive mine til it dies though!! So yesterday we went to look for SUVs for me. There are a couple that we really like, but definitely have a favorite. We're going to drive it tomorrow & then see where it goes from there. Once we decide on the winner, we'll go to Carmax to purchase it - they have Awesome prices there (economies of scale, right Jim??).

Now we are letting our yummy pancake breakfast settle before we go on our run for the weekend. Today's mileage is EIGHT miles. But we are running along the gulf, which is a gorgeous run, smells great, lots of awesome condos/houses to gawk at and just a pretty relaxing run. As Robert announced on his blog this week, we are training for a marathon again. I didn't think I'd EVER want to do it again after the marathon in Feb 2005 (# 196 on that list), but now that I have a training buddy who is so far injury free, I am excited! We'll see if we both stay healthy. We plan on traveling up to Green Bay, Wisconsin in the spring of 2008 where we'll get to visit Jim's sister & her family in their new home, as well as run with Robert, our brother-in-law.

Mizzou won AGAIN! In fact - they KILLED Colorado! WOOHOO! Jim & I are enjoying this season for sure, and with them being ranked in the top 10, they are actually on TV here, down in SEC country!!

Other than that, good news with lots of my friends - J & S are having a girl! A & O are going to be first-time parents! K & F are having a boy! A & J just had a boy! N & B are expecting twins any day!! Lots of babies....

Please pray for Pam as she goes to defend her dissertation tomorrow. From there, she goes to Honduras for her second Operation Smile trip.

Jim & I are headed to Dothan, AL next weekend to visit his other sister & family for the World Famous Peanut Festival!!! I haven't been to a fair for years, and this is apparently a big one! Jim of course used to go every year when he was growing up. I am looking forward to a good 'ol fair corn dog slathered with mustard, chased by a funnel cake! Good thing I'm running 20 miles per week!

No comments: