Sunday, November 04, 2007

Eight Mile

The run this morning was great! Right along the beach, the water looked so turquoise blue, nice breeze, lots of butterflies. It was nice! For whatever reason, my feet fall asleep consistently between miles 3 & 4. I can't explain it & have not figured it out via the internet either. The good part is though, I can walk for probably 1-2 minutes and then start running again & they are completely fine. It's not my shoes, I have switched up shoes (ones that I used to do the 1/2 marathon last year, and train in) and my feet still do it. But after I start running again, I am feeling good!

A couple of funny things happened on the run today. There were lots of people out & about this morning as it was just beautiful out (and still is). Lots of dog walking, jogging, walking & biking alongside the beach. From a distance, I could see a girl probably my age walking her dog and then I saw the dog plop down on the grass alongside the jogging path. As we past by her, I could hear her coaxing him to get up to get going again. I thought it so funny because I would have rather been laying on the grass enjoying the view too! :)

Another funny thing is the fact that it must be the Butterfly Convention this weekend, as there were monarch butterflies EVERYWHERE! Jim & I have mastered the "bob & weave" to avoid getting splatted in the face.

The strangest thing though? Both of us laid down after a big carb-loaded lunch to take a nap, each of us with a kitty beside us. Neither one of us could fall asleep?! Crazy. I actually fell asleep for about 5 minutes & thought I had been asleep for an hour. I guess a 5 minute power nap is just fine too! I was awoken by a kitty jumping down & meowing as the neighbor cat streaked across our back yard & disturbed the peace in our house!

No comments: