Sunday, March 23, 2008

20 Miles

We have one more long run to go before the Green Bay Marathon!!

Today was a 20-miler. We are training with the Galloway program, which is a mixture of walking & running on long runs. We run 4 minutes, walk 1, run 4 minutes, etc. This method keeps your legs much fresher & it does seem to break up a long run too, which is mentally a good thing! Today my legs got pretty tight early in the run which had me a bit concerned, since usually it doesn't happen so soon into the run (it was around mile 10), but I did make it completely fine & no more sore than normal! We are now enjoying a day of relaxing, watching basketball, eating & napping!

I cleaned the house for a few hours yesterday so I could relax all day today. I was in DC all last week, so I am looking forward to working this coming week at home!!

We are going to bake an Easter ham tonight for supper, along with some scalloped potatoes & some baked apples (my mother-in-law gave me an cast iron apple pan for Christmas & it makes some MEAN baked apples!!!)

No comments: