Sunday, May 04, 2008

Vacation can't get here soon enough!!

I cannot wait!!! Jim & I are going to Wisconsin to see Jim's sister & family for nearly a week. As I have mentioned in previous posts, we are going there to run the Green Bay marathon - but that isn't even the highlight for me. I love hanging out with the fam & am looking forward to just relaxing with lots of laughs & talking. I am also really looking forward to my 2nd marathon - and the brats that will follow! And - last but not least - I am looking forward to NOT checking my blackberry for a whole week!! I will be turning it off for sure.

Jim & I are in the taper phase which is good, since it is getting so hot here! I know I know - nothing to complain about yet. But 80s is too hot to run in. Last weekend was our last long run (22 miles) before the marathon.

2 comments:

Pam Terrell said...

Yay!! We are so excited too! We are already planning what meals to cook, what to do, etc. And unless there is some rare occurrence, you may see the low 70s while you are here, but I suspect 40s-60s will be the norm. Definitely plan on layers because the nights and mornings are quite chilly. Who knows? We may even have more snow!
Pam

Jill said...

It will be heaven to see only low 70s and 40s-60s!! It is in the 90s for good all week now & until October I am afraid...
Have I mentioned lately that I can't wait??