Sunday, February 11, 2007

Is it really Monday tomorrow?

Ahhhhh Sunday.
Love Sundays. Unfortunately, when the alarm went off this morning to get up & get ready to go to church, I had the worst headache ever. I actually thought I was getting sick. I had a little bit of a tickle in my throat last night, and then when I woke up with my entire right side of my face plugged up. I also had a terrible sinus headache to boot. Needless to say, I took some Dayquil and tried to go back to sleep. I absolutely hate to miss church - I feel like my whole week is just a bit off when we aren't there on Sunday mornings. We have only actually skipped once or twice? since we started going to our church, back in 2004. We love it and are so blessed to have found such a great church home.

So I took the Dayquil & ate some breakfast, laid back down & felt quite a bit better by 10 am or so. As you know, Jim & I are training for a run in Nashville the last weekend of April. I am only running the 1/2 marathon (don't need to do the whole thing again!!) and Jim is training for the whole. I run the long runs with him on the weekends. This was the first weekend that the scheduled long training run was probably longer than I need to run, given that I am only training for the half. Jim was scheduled for 15 miles today. I thought I would try to run it with him, or at least 14 of them. However, 12 was plenty for me today. I was happy with that - and we ran quite a quick clip for a training run. We have quite the set up in our driveway on long run weekends...I have tissues, chapstick, water & PowerGels laying there for me, at 4 mile increments. We have a 4 mile loop we run in our neighborhood - so we take a quick 20 seconds every 4 miles to rehydrate & I lube up the lips. We will probably start putting some water at the 2 mile turnaround point too - 4 miles is just too long to run without some water.

After running my 12 miles - I tried 2 new recipes & both were a success! I roasted a whole chicken (my first time cooking a whole chicken! yes - I remembered to take out the neck & "special parts"). The chicken was marinated in worcestshire, dry mustard, olive oil, salt, pepper, and paprika. YUM!!!! I ate a leg, but the rest is for dinner this week. The other recipe I tried was an orange-glazed pork tenderloin. ALSO a success! This is what we had for dinner tonight after coming home from church. The pork was first sprinkled with salt/pepper, then I brushed an orange marmalade, creole mustard & rosemary marinade over it. Once that is baked fully, I pulled the pork out, poured the juices into a pan & made a nice gravy with the orange glaze that was still in the pan. YUM!!! We are going to eat well this week.

Jim is at a case right now - when we were on our way to church tonight, he got paged for a case beginning at 7, but was bumped to 8 due to another emergency. He just called & will be on his way home soon after he gets the instruments cleaned. All in a days work!!

I hope this week goes fast - I am so looking forward to going to St. Louis in a couple of weeks for K's wedding!! I can't wait to share her special day & I can't wait to hang out with N & B! Hopefully we will make it back to STL in time for me to try to hook up with some old friends from my old job. it would be great to see them....it isn't until I see them again that I realize just how much I miss them all!!

My fingers hurt....gotta go to bed! :)

3 comments:

JAA said...

You are quite the typing girl. The pork tenderloin tonight was delicious. I wish that I had gotten a chance to try the Chardonney that you almost finished the bottle of..... Just kidding!

Pam Terrell said...

Sounds yummy! Hope you are feeling better.

Unknown said...

PIVOT