Monday, February 26, 2007

Southern California....a Different Country?

Last weekend, I traveled to LA for a one-day meeting. Talk about a different lifestyle! I have been to Los Angeles quite a few times, but I don't think I had ever really noticed just how different the people are there.

While in LA, I made a mental list of why I wouldn't really fit the "Southern Cal" bill....
1 - Everything on (or in) my body is real
2 - I couldn't go swimming in the Pacific while outside temp is 70 and who knows how cold the water is!
3 - All that 'bling' wouldn't look right on me
4 - I am not a big fan of sitting in 6 lanes of traffic for hours at a time
5 - I refuse to wear bug shields on my face and call them sunglasses

These are just a few...I am sure that if I had spent even more time there, I would have a longer list.

ps - have you ever noticed how people out there call the interstates or major freeways "The 405" or "The PCH", etc? Why is it not I405? Hmmm...

1 comment:

JAA said...

Come on, the big sunglasses would make you look so "Laguna".