Monday, February 26, 2007

A New Life Begins!

This past weekend, Jim & I traveled to St. Louis for a wedding that I was a bridesmaid in. Everything was beautiful, K did a great job planning 95% of it herself, while her now husband was traveling for work. It was a good time, although the drive was long, but worth it of course!!

One great thing about friends getting married is the opportunity to hang out with all of one's OTHER friends! Jim & I received wonderful hospitality from N & B for the weekend....MUCH better than staying at a hotel! They are so fun to be around and hang out with - we always have so much fun with them! We truly appreciate how real they are, and how much we have in common with them. They are so happy together - and N being happy makes ME happy!

It was also great to see J & R there! J is a crazy lady - SO MUCH FUN! Back in my single days when all of us girls went out dancing together, she was one of my favorite dancing partners. When she was out with us, it was guaranteed that we would all have a good time. She is one of those people that would do anything for a friend, and has really been there for me through some rough times. There is one thing for certain...she'll always be honest with you & she'll tell you how it really is. I do respect that about her. Seeing her made me realize how much I miss her. We got to do some dancing at the reception & I have some great pics to show for it! :)

Some details about the wedding....the priest forgot to say "You may now kiss the bride". How does that happen?! Talk about a weird ending to a wedding! He redeemed himself at the reception though, where he announced the error and said the famous line. The salads at the reception were awesome...spring mix, with sun dried tomatoes and pistachios, with an orange-ginger/sesame dressing. Interesting & flavorful! The bridesmaid dresses were strapless, floor-length, black dresses and were beautiful. All of us have the same body-type, so that helps a bride when picking out dresses that will flatter all! Of course, K looked gorgeous, just like we knew she would!!

I have been friends with K for about 12 years now, and love her to pieces. I just want nothing more for her to be happy. So to the husband in her life....I know where you live! Treat her like the queen that she is or I will hunt you down! :)

K - Love you, you looked beautiful. Thank you so much for having me be a part of the most special day in your life. I'll treasure it forever! Have fun on the honeymoon, I want to hear all about it when you get back! (Ok...not ALL about it...just the PG version)

No comments: