Saturday, January 20, 2007

Panther Pride 5k Results

This morning, Jim & I woke up early to eat some race-day traditional banana bread, drink coffee & get ready for today's Panther Pride 5k. We both decided this morning that we were going to push ourselves hard during this race, since we figure we can do anything tough for 3.1 miles! We were both very happy with our results...I ended up shaving over 2 minutes off my last 5k we ran in December. I finished in 25:29, which was an 8:12 split. I was 9th out of 13 in my age division (tough crowd!!), and 115th out of 326 total runners. Jim averaged just under 8:00 per mile...at 7:58, finishing the race in 24:48. He was 97 out of 326, and 9th in his age division out of 24.

The post-race food today was great - doughnuts, bagels, pastries. I opted to go for the oranges instead, until they had pepperoni pizzas delivered from Godfathers!! Hot pizza at 9:00 am hit the spot. After we left the race, we stopped by the gym on the way home to do some weight training. We came home, showered up fast & went to a matinee to see "The Good Shepherd". We asked Jim's dad to join us, and he chose wisely by not coming. It was too long - the movie could have been shortened quite a bit & it would have been more enjoyable. Matt Damon was good in the movie, but he probably had about 50 lines in the whole 2+ hours! Strange & complicated movie.

Tomorrow is a 10 mile run for us both. I'm looking forward to it because I am at a very good part of my book on CD that I'm listening to on my iPod while I run. I'm listening to "The Poisonwood Bible", highly recommended by my sisters-in-law, and the fiance of Jim's childhood friend. Every book recommended by Tammi & Pam have been great - they haven't let me down yet!!

4 comments:

Pam Terrell said...

You're still blogging. I'm so impressed. I tried to post the other day and blogger wouldn't let me for some reason. Off to do so now. Congrats on the race!
Pam

Jill said...

for whatever reason, I can't get on your blog! I have tried and tried, reset the password, etc & can't get on there. So I have been reading up when Jim is logged on. So THAT is why the lack of comments recently!

Pam Terrell said...

I changed it to wear you have to have clearance from me to read it. I sent you an email invitation to your ngc.com address. Did you get that?
Pam

Jill said...

I can see yours now!! WOOHOO! Thanks for the re-invite. I felt like I was missing out! :)