Saturday, January 27, 2007

Rainy Lazy Saturday

I've enjoyed today so far. Unfortunately, Jim has been working for most of the day, covering a case first thing this morning, then coming home and was home long enough to run a 3 mile jog with me before he got called out again to cover another case. He is on his way back home now, so I think we are going to watch a movie (it is a perfect napping / movie / reading day since it is raining!) and make a yummy dinner. It's been a long time since we have cooked a nice meal together since i didn't make it home all week before 8:00 pm. Leaving for work at 6:15 in the morning and getting home at 8:00 or so each night this week made for a LONG one.

One of my guilty pleasures on the weekend when Jim is at work and I have done the regular stuff around the house is to watch the E network on TV! Talk about some mindless tv!! Today, I have been watching a special on Lottery winners, and how their lives transpire after the big win. It's amazing to me the number of people who basically end up worse off than they ever were before! I keep thinking to myself, "how wasteful"! How many wonderful things could I do with all of that money, for both myself & others?! Of course, I would like to say that a HUGE amount of money wouldn't change me, but I think that may be a bit naive. I do know that we would like travel more and we would have a different house (at least different carpet in ours!!). And I am NOT one of those people that would say "i would still work even if I was a millionaire". Are you kidding me?? I wouldn't even hand in my badge...I would stick it in the mail! I don't go to work because I love it, although I know there are some people out there that can say that. I go to work to earn a living so I can enjoy the REST of my life as I work and eventually retire. Working to me is simply a means to enjoy things OUTSIDE of work. Don't get me wrong...I have been blessed to have some good friends at work and I am better for having them in my life. But we could still keep in touch if I was a millionaire!

Tomorrow is our weekly long run. The training plan we are following have us running 13 miles tomorrow. Jim bought some of those goo pack things, which will be nice to have along the way. We run in our neighborhood, and have a 4 mile path identified by using a very cool website that tracks distances. We keep chapstick, kleenex, water, and food at our driveway while we are running long runs so we can fuel up a few times during the run. There is no way to do it without food & water along the way!

1 comment:

Jill Thompson said...

I saw the lotto special as well. How tragic! You would think things would only go up from that point. I'm with you on winning the lotto...it's going in the mail. Hope everything is still going great with you and Jim. By the way, you need to start getting home earlier lady!

Jill