Sunday, January 21, 2007

A Tough Run

Today, Jim & I ran 10 miles right after church for our long run this week. We both realized that yesterday's 5k was harder on us than we realized! Today's run was tough. It was also unbearably humid here, with the temp at 70 degrees or so, which makes for a miserable long run. However, there was a VERY stiff breeze that did feel good, even though it did make it tougher to run against it.

This afternoon has been a lazy one - after the run we came back in, ate lunch & took a nap while watching the Saints/Bears playoff game. My boss is in the 1st row on one of the end zones - I bet he is freezing his tail off! After living in the South for a few years now, I have become such a wimp to the cold weather! So I can't imagine sitting out in it for hours.

This evening, we are going to church to help facilitate "Bible Skills & Thrills" with K-6th graders. I have to say, some of these little ones are just precious to me already, after having only worked with them last week so far. Others of them....although precious, are a bit of a handful! It's funny how you can pick out the troublemakers after only a few minutes in the room with them! I hope this week goes better. Afterwards, we are going to our friends' Angie & Owen's house for a football watch party / birthday party.

Never a dull moment!!

2 comments:

blondie said...

Your running motivation inspires me to work out more...not to take up running though : ) Just reading about a 10 mile run makes me hurt! Keep it up!

Rob from MO said...

Wow, keep it up Jill. I have run two 5Ks and the last one darn near killed me. I'll let you know if I can match your time!