Sunday, January 14, 2007

So obviously I didn't get into the whole blogging thing...with about 2 years since my last post! But now....my new inspiration for posting is my husband, Jim!!! He has started a blog recently to document his training experience for his first marathon coming up April 28, 2007...the Country Music Marathon in Nashville, TN (and NO, neither of us like Country music!!).

I have to say....I have no need to do another marathon. It's a long story - but I basically completed my husband's goal in Febrary of 2005. He & I were both training for a marathon, but he injured his knee about 1 1/2 months into the 4 month training program. I am just too darn stubborn to stop something midstream, so I completed training all by myself and successfully ran my first (and LAST!) marathon in 4 hrs, 26 minutes (unofficial was 4 hrs 23 minutes....took me 3 minutes to get to the Start line).

I do plan on training with Jim and being there for support and encouragement, as he was with me. I will run the half marathon in Nashville, while Jim & our brother-in-law, Robert, run the full marathon. Today, the 3 of us ran the First Light Half Marathon in Mobile, AL and were all very happy with the results!

All of this running has really been fun - and it has definitely been a family affair! Robert's son, Adam, has also taken up running! He ran the fun run today in Mobile, AL while we 3 were running our 13.1. He also plans on running the 5k in Nashville! Robert's parents, and Jim's parents will likely make the trek to Nashville to see the race. Hopefully some of my family will make the drive from Missouri to join the fun as well! My mom and stepdad are planning on coming to our next race in Mobile, AL - the Azalea Trail run. We have never run in this race - but have heard it is just a gorgeous race....just as it is gorgeous EVERYWHERE in Mobile when all of the azaleas are blooming!

But let's be honest with each other. One of the reasons I am into this racing thing is because of the training. And one of the reasons I am into this training thing is because of burning calories. And one of the reasons I am into burning calories is because I LOVE TO EAT!!! :-) Seriously - during the marathon training in 2004 & 2005, I ate anything I wanted, as much as I wanted & I couldn't keep the weight on! I was having to pin my pants to hold them up - what a good feeling! BUT - I am in my friend Kristin's wedding in one month in St. Louis! I just got fitted for my bridesmaid dress last week & it fit perfectly...just needed a hem. My point is...I can't lose or gain any weight during this next month! And now that I am up to 13+ mile runs on the weekends, I will just have to eat whatever I want to balance it out :-)!

Gotta get going. I promise I won't wait 2 years to post again....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so you think that you are fancy now that you got a blog? Good run today sweet pea! it was fun

Anonymous said...

Okay, you both are gagging me with the sweet pea stuff. Anyway, c'mon Jillian---let's keep this blog going!! If you can run a marathon and run a company, you can slap together a blog entry every now and again. And just so you know, the race environment gets me too. No marathon or even half marathon ambitions here, but I'd like to be able to RUN (no walking) an entire 5K. So...tomorrow I start again, for the 3rd time. But the 3rd time's the charm, right? Proud of you---you are a beast!
Pam